RIP forum Supertopo

Area di discussione su argomenti di montagna in generale.

RIP forum Supertopo

Messaggioda Kinobi » lun giu 03, 2019 7:49 am

"Hi Forum,

It is with a sad heart that I announce that normal operation of the SuperTopo Climber's Forum will cease June 1st.

The Forum has been an amazing digital campfire, with more than 2 million posts over the last 18 years. It has reconnected many climbers with old friends and helped many climbers make new friends. And, there have been many amazing and compelling posts on the site, especially those on climbing-related topics, that have been enjoyed by millions of people.

I have received a ton from this community and feel lucky to have been a part of it. I’ve met a lot of my heroes on this forum and made many great connections. I give warmest thanks to you all. The forum was a big wild experiment with many highs and lows. But mostly highs. Here are some of the things I found the most meaningful on the SuperTopo Forum
The memorial tributes
Help with supporting bolt replacement and access issues. This forum helped the ASCA get to 15,000 plus replaced bolts
The help to create SuperTopo books
The historical threads
Reconnecting friends
Helping collaborate on documentaries and books
Event threads to support non-profits and members
El Cap report
The events that were created and photos and reports that followed

I also want to give a big shout out to RJ who created the forum and kept it running. RJ has been my business partner and a best friend for nearly 2 decades. He has been a big inspiration for me and a co-creator in so many great projects and adventures.

As I noted last week, the SuperTopo Climber's Forum has never been a profitable business venture. It costs us a significant amount of time and money each year to operate the Forum, and we have done so as a service for the climbing community for 18 years. But, the prospect of having to bear increased potential costs in the future, both in time and legal costs, due to litigation related to inappropriate posts by a minority of forum members has changed the math. I am sorry to say this, but we no longer feel we can justify continued operation of the Forum.

I appreciate all the great many posts on climbing related topics that have been made here.

I encourage you to copy and paste any of your content you'd like to save before June 1st.

Starting June 1st, the text of past Forum posts will remain available as an archive. Regrettably, images will no longer be displayed for Forum posts. Trip Reports and Route Beta will remain displaying as they do today with both images and text.

You can continue to post using your existing accounts for the next few weeks, but effective June 1st, the site will strictly become a read-only archive.

Thank you all for making this Forum something special over the last 18 years. Like many of you, I am sad to see it go.

Sincerely,

Chris McNamara
Founder
SuperTopo"
Kinobi

Re: RIP forum Supertopo

Messaggioda funkazzista » lun giu 03, 2019 10:30 am

Ormai siamo al crepuscolo di un'epoca.
funkazzista

Messaggioda Il Profeta » lun giu 03, 2019 11:28 am

Kinobi ha scritto:
.....I encourage you to copy and paste any of your content you'd like to save before June 1st.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRnR8CU-a7U
Il Profeta

Messaggioda gug » lun giu 03, 2019 16:28 pm

i primi effetti delle nuove regole del web?
"montagne che varcai, dopo varcate, sì grande spazio d'in su voi non pare"

Traguardi Effimeri
Link per raccolta topic del forum
gug

Messaggioda il Duca » lun giu 03, 2019 21:57 pm

Al di là delle profezie funeste di Danilo, quanto sopravvivrà ancora sto posto?
http://www.respirodelvento.blogspot.com

RACCONTI DI GHIACCIO E ROCCIA

"nel muoversi in montagna guardate alle capre prima che alle scimmie" crodaiolo
il Duca

Messaggioda Danilo » mar giu 04, 2019 9:31 am

il Duca ha scritto:Al di là delle profezie funeste di Danilo, quanto sopravvivrà ancora sto posto?

ci tenevo a precisare,se ce ne fosse ancora bisogno, che il forum è passato a miglior vita in data primavera 2017
quelli che scrivono oggi lo stanno venendo a trovare
il forum è morto
Danilo

Messaggioda Baraka691 » mar giu 04, 2019 13:34 pm

I forum muoiono lentamente, i giovani arrivano ai social network o agli instant messenger e comunicano in gruppi di interesse :D
Baraka691

Messaggioda Spartaco » mar giu 04, 2019 13:36 pm

gli dice.che sono vecchi.
ascolta.si fa sera.
Spartaco

Messaggioda Il Profeta » mar giu 04, 2019 21:20 pm

Il Profeta

Messaggioda il Duca » mer giu 05, 2019 19:39 pm

Danilo ha scritto:
il Duca ha scritto:Al di là delle profezie funeste di Danilo, quanto sopravvivrà ancora sto posto?

ci tenevo a precisare,se ce ne fosse ancora bisogno, che il forum è passato a miglior vita in data primavera 2017
quelli che scrivono oggi lo stanno venendo a trovare

Giusto, ringrazio della precisazione
:smt075
http://www.respirodelvento.blogspot.com

RACCONTI DI GHIACCIO E ROCCIA

"nel muoversi in montagna guardate alle capre prima che alle scimmie" crodaiolo
il Duca

Torna a Generale