diventare vegetariani

Spazio per messaggi e discussioni a tema libero.

Re: diventare vegetariani

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » mer giu 07, 2017 9:26 am

Concerned About the Climate? OK. But What Are You Eating?

BY JOHN BUSSINEAU| JUNE 5, 2017

If U.S. president Donald Trump’s choice to leave the Paris Climate Accord has you upset, Buddhist practitioner John Bussineau suggests something that will do a lot more good than griping on social media.

Burger ClimateWith the US decision to pull out of the Paris Climate Accord, we, who are caring practitioners and followers of the Buddha’s teachings, are understandably concerned for the environment and all life on earth. But there are ways, within our means, to protect the environment. Among them: making and sticking to a logically derived, mindfully thought-out decision to eat a plant-based diet.

There are well documented Buddhist sources of support our continued eating of comfort food. The Devadatta story, the three rules of purity, and other sources clearly point out the Buddha did not forbid his sangha to eat meat. While there is some debate on these ideas, and at times it is a controversial subject, since other sources from the Mahayana tradition and certainly the First Precept support a conflicting view on this subject—perhaps we can set aside all that for a moment and consider the world we find ourselves living in today.

In many ways we live in a much different time than the Buddha. Should we not consider current causes and conditions? Like:

Did you know that eating beans instead of beef is beneficial for the environment? An eight-minute shower uses 17 gallons of water but it takes 660 gallons to make one single burger. And while using less water by any means is beneficial, a new study finds that swapping beef for beans can help the U.S. reach targeted greenhouse gas emission reductions.
Compared with beans, beef requires 20 times the land and creates 20 times more greenhouse gas emissions per unit of protein consumed.
Every single day a practitioner eats a plant-based diet we save 1,000 gallons of water, 45 pounds of grain, and 30 square feet of forested land.
And did you know that, according to the UN, the meat industry contributes more to climate change than all cars, buses, and trains on the planet combined?

Levels of emissions from the animal agricultural sector are high enough, that even if we eliminated fossil fuels from the equation entirely today—we will still exceed the maximum amount of greenhouse gases that is considered our budget for staying under 2 degrees centigrade.

As mindful practitioners in today’s world we know that despite what governments decide to do in terms of the Paris Climate Accord we can continue to help fight climate change and protect the environment by deciding to simply changing our mind and eat a plant-based diet.

Buddhisti saluti
TSdG
My mind reels with sarcastic replies (Snoopy)

http://www.sollevamenti.org
tacchinosfavillantdgloria

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » gio set 07, 2017 17:18 pm

Dal Guardian:

Jeremy Corbyn is “going through the process” of eating more vegan food, he has said – he just has to bring himself to give up the brie, verboten under vegan rules, along with eggs, milk and everything animals produce. Later, as if fearful of a backlash, his spokesperson issued a statement denying he was vegan. But the Labour leader was right to be proud of his efforts. Vegans are often unreasonably mocked as do-gooders and sniped at for making dinner parties awkward for those who don’t like lentils quite so much. This is unfair: the diet does do the world good and if vegans provoke their friends into going vegan too, so much the better.

There is now a great deal of convincing data that breeding animals for food dirties the air and chews up the earth. One recent peer-reviewed study from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine calculates that should the world go vegan, annual greenhouse gas emissions would halve and the new land used every year for each person would near-halve. The diet is also healthier: some meat products have been linked to cancer and saturated fat from meat and dairy products can cause heart disease. A study published in Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA predicts that global veganism would lead to 8.1 million fewer deaths per year.

Vegans should be encouraged: their choice is high in moral as well as digestive fibre. Their detractors should stop crying over spelt milk.

Albionici saluti
TSdG

Messaggioda wolf jak » ven set 08, 2017 8:24 am

Daje climbalone!! :D
wolf jak

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » gio giu 07, 2018 22:27 pm

Qualche verso scelto di Lamartine, per tirare un po' su il topic:

Or ces hommes, enfants ! pour apaiser leur faim,
N’ont pas assez des fruits que Dieu mit sous leur main ;
leur foule insatiable en un soleil dévore
Plus qu’en mille soleils les champs n’en font éclore ;
En vain comme des flots l’horizon écumant
Roule à perte de vue en ondes de froment :
Par un crime envers Dieu dont frémit la nature,
Ils demandent au sang une autre nourriture ;
Dans leur cité fangeuse, il coule par ruisseaux !
Les cadavres y sont étalés en monceaux.
Ils traînent par les pieds, des fleurs de la prairie,
L’innocente brebis que leur main a nourrie,
Et, sous l’œil de l’agneau, l’égorgeant sans remords,
Ils savourent ses chairs et vivent de sa mort !
Aussi le sang tout chaud dont ruisselle leur bouche
Leur rend le goût brutal et le regard farouche.
De cruels aliments incessamment repus,
Toute pitié s’efface en leurs cœurs corrompus ;
Et leur œil, qu’au forfait le forfait habitue,
Aime le sang qui coule et l’innocent qu’on tue.

Rimati saluti
TSdG

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » gio giu 07, 2018 22:35 pm

Sempre Lamartine, descrivendo una visita al mattatoio:

« Una profonda pietà mista d'orrore mi prese e domandai d'andarmene via. L'idea di quelle scene orribili e disgustose, preliminari obbligati dei piatti di carne che vedevo serviti a tavola, mi fece prendere l'alimentazione animale in orrore... Io non vissi fino a dodici anni che di pane, di latticini, d'erbaggi e di frutta. La mia salute non ne fu meno forte, né il mio sviluppo meno rapido, e forse dovetti a questo regime la purezza dei lineamenti, la sensibilità squisita d'impressioni e la dolcezza serena di umore e di carattere che io conservai sino a quell'epoca. »

Autobiografici saluti
TSdG

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » dom giu 24, 2018 8:26 am

Messaggioda Chiodonellaroccia » dom giu 24, 2018 10:57 am

dalle ultime ricerche anche le piante se le raccogli hanno visto che soffrono anzi percepiscono prima la sofferenza che le aspettano. Di più: percepiscono lo stato d animo di chi le sta tagliando. allora che si mangia......seghe mentali :D :D :D :D
Chiodonellaroccia

Messaggioda scairanner » dom giu 24, 2018 19:36 pm

Chiodonellaroccia ha scritto:dalle ultime ricerche anche le piante se le raccogli hanno visto che soffrono anzi percepiscono prima la sofferenza che le aspettano. Di più: percepiscono lo stato d animo di chi le sta tagliando. allora che si mangia......seghe mentali :D :D :D :D

l'hai letto su feisbuk o su instagram?
-Come sarà la scalata di Adam Ondra nel 2030?
-Arrampicherò di certo. Spero di non scalare peggio di quanto non faccia ora...

-meno internet, più cabernet
scairanner

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » dom giu 24, 2018 22:42 pm

Chiodonellaroccia ha scritto:dalle ultime ricerche anche le piante se le raccogli hanno visto che soffrono anzi percepiscono prima la sofferenza che le aspettano. Di più: percepiscono lo stato d animo di chi le sta tagliando. allora che si mangia......seghe mentali :D :D :D :D

Azzarola...un'argomentazione ineccepibile, mai sentita prima, che taglia la testa al topo e mette la parola fine a un annoso dibbattito :o

Definitivi saluti
TSdG

( :roll: )

Messaggioda Chiodonellaroccia » lun giu 25, 2018 10:08 am

qualcuno ho voluto riaprire il dibattito..... :) 8O
Chiodonellaroccia

Messaggioda grip » ven giu 29, 2018 11:50 am

io lo chiuderei con :" ma fate un po' quel casso che ve pare basta che non me rompete le balle a me".!! :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
grip

Messaggioda grip » ven giu 29, 2018 11:53 am

tacchinosfavillantdgloria ha scritto:

Azzarola...un'argomentazione ineccepibile, mai sentita prima, che taglia la testa al topo e mette la parola fine a un annoso dibbattito :o

Definitivi saluti
TSdG

pare pure che la coltivazione di mais faccia male all'ambiente + delle scie chimiche :mrgreen:

affamati saluti
grip

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » ven giu 29, 2018 13:10 pm

grip ha scritto:

Definitivi saluti
TSdG

pare pure che la coltivazione di mais faccia male all'ambiente + delle scie chimiche :mrgreen:

affamati saluti

La maggior parte del mais disponibile in Italia è destinata all’uso zootecnico (82%), mentre solamente una piccola percentuale è utilizzata per altri impieghi (18%). (Fonte Assomais)

Cerealicoli saluti
TSdG

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » ven giu 29, 2018 13:12 pm

grip ha scritto:io lo chiuderei con :" ma fate un po' quel casso che ve pare basta che non me rompete le balle a me".!! :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Disse il manzo... :wink:

Soggettivi saluti
TSdG

Messaggioda grip » ven giu 29, 2018 13:20 pm

grip ha scritto:io lo chiuderei con :" ma fate un po' quel casso che ve pare basta che non me rompete le balle a me".!! :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Disse il manzo... :wink:

Soggettivi saluti
TSdG

pure el porco :mrgreen:
grip

Messaggioda Cugginodiottoz » mer nov 21, 2018 11:53 am

Cugginodiottoz

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » mer nov 21, 2018 12:18 pm

La Coldiretti parla di "ripercussioni di natura etica" 8O vabbè come al solito mi sembra di vivere nel mondo alla rovescia... #-o

Capovolti saluti
TSdG

Messaggioda Scannagatti » mer nov 28, 2018 9:32 am

Rifugio Rysmi, Slovacchia. :o

Immagine
Pastasuta col bisato e vin bon.
Scannagatti

Messaggioda Baraka691 » mer nov 28, 2018 17:51 pm

Salve a tutti, ho letto con interesse i Vs/ interventi, anche se devo dire in maniera molto "soft", sono al lavoro e dovrei fare tutt'altro!
Sto "lottando" per diventare vegetariana, e devo dire non è cosi facile come pensavo, ma in questo c'entra la mia storia personale, ed è un'altro discorso.
Solo volevo far presente alle persone alle quali capiterà di leggere questi messaggi, senza entrare nel particolare, che sono fiera di me stessa, perché ogni giorno che passa senza il peso sulla coscienza di una povera bestiola che ha sacrificato la sua vita per la mia, mi sento più "leggera", e sempre più combattiva. Non sto a dire se la carne fa bene o male, credo che l'informazione che riceviamo ogni giorno dai mass media sia alla portata di tutti, e non lascia spazio a molte interpretazioni.
Ma la cosa più bella per me, ora, è che l'amore che sento per i miei amici animali, è meno offuscata da sensi di colpa, da ombre, e so, guardandoli negli occhi, che non contribuisco alla loro morte. E' la vittoria più bella!
Baraka691

Messaggioda tacchinosfavillantdgloria » sab dic 08, 2018 11:17 am

PrecedenteProssimo

Torna a Parole in libertà