recommendations for a route in the Brenta dolomites

Vie ferrate ed escursioni impegnative nelle Dolomiti e nelle Alpi

recommendations for a route in the Brenta dolomites

Messaggioda shakhar » mar mar 24, 2009 0:22 am

Dear members,

I just joined the forum and I wonder if you could help me (in English please).
My 3 friends and I are planning a 7 day visit to the Brenta dolomites in July.
We have no mountaineering experience but have hiked a lot and are in fairly good shape.
Can you recommend a 5 1/2 day itinerary in this area consisting of vie ferrate and overnight stays in refugi. It should include the best VF out there, but should not be too technical or exhausting.

Thanks a lot

Guy
shakhar

Messaggioda arteriolupin » mar mar 24, 2009 1:45 am

Shalom Shakhar-Guy,

as a matter of fact, if You all are looking for a place where one can find both fantastic paths and amusing viaferratas... Well, brenta is the right place for You.

In five days You can plan the complete "ring", starting and getting back to the same point.

Please feel free to contact me for further infos, using mp (private message).

I will give You - with pleasure - more details and some useful links to plan Your holidays.

Bye
...Se tuti i bechi gavesse un lampion... Gesummaria che iluminasiòn!

Canto popolare veneto
arteriolupin

thanks a lot

Messaggioda shakhar » mar mar 24, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks a lot - I have contacted you privately.
Nonetheless, if someone would like to post their favorite ring route in the Brenta Dolomites here, I would be much obliged.

Guy
shakhar

Messaggioda maivory » mar mar 24, 2009 16:22 pm

Hi buddy, welcome to the forum. I can't advice u properly for a 5 days itinerary cos the ones i know better take longer, usually from 7 to 15 days, and they're called high routes (alte vie delle Dolomiti). However, one thing that u shouldnt miss definitely is the via ferrata Bolver Lugli, close to San Martino di Castrozza. The rock is simply amazing, and at the end of it u can reach the top of cima Vezzana 3200 mt on a very easy trail, and sleep in the bivy fiamme gialle. Let me promise u that's so much satisfaction, and the route is not that tough, if you are a bit experienced and got your own gear (harness, ferrata set and helmet). I just found out this link to an english webpage http://www.summitpost.org/route/405592/ ... lugli.html, which is not that good as a report. If u wanna see some pics and a better report as well, here there is a good slideshow step by step
http://www.vieferrate.it/ferratabolver.htm
it'is italian though, but i can translate into english for u if u fancy.
Hope have helped u
Take care, nico
maivory

thanks

Messaggioda shakhar » mar mar 24, 2009 18:15 pm

Thank you, Nico.
It looks like a wonderful trek.
However, it seems rather isolated, and not in the Brenta area, so it would have to wait for a different opportunity. We are looking for a continuous, rifugio to rifugio route.

Guy
shakhar

Messaggioda Aruges » ven mar 27, 2009 8:51 am

Hi,
welcome you.
It's a good idea to do something like ironways in Brenta mountain. Many routes and beautifuls views.
Well , you can start from two sides :
from Madonna di Campiglio , Pinzolo in North-west or from San Lorenzo in Banale, Molveno, Sopramaggiore in south- east.
Many huts well situated on routes and about 10 000 feet high like Tuckett, Alimonta, Brentei refuges in the first moutain side or Agostini,Pedrotti in the other side. Be careful in july you can meet some snow.
For the routes, for example you can start from Madonna to Vallesinella refuge and Tuckett and then do the Sosat ferrata to Brentei refuge ant up to the crest the Bocchette Alte.
Or from Val d'Ambiez going up to Agostini refuge and doing Castiglioni ferrata joining through the crest Dodici Apostoli refuge.
And so on ...
There some links with maps and routes in english:
Andrew's website via ferrata : I recommende it .
Dolomiti di Brenta: le valli di acesso.
Good luck.
Aruges

Messaggioda n!z4th » sab mar 28, 2009 0:29 am

I will give You - with pleasure - more details

:roll:

only ice vale
8)
Michele
n!z4th

Messaggioda batman009 » ven giu 12, 2009 11:26 am

interesting.. im going to check this one out.. thanks a lot